Register
    Coder

Lightbulb Server Cvar Suggestions

mp_force_pick_time 9999 - Stop players from automatically joining a team when idle.
    mp_maxrounds 0 - Map time left becomes visible in scoreboard instead of only being acessible via typing 'timeleft'.
    cs_enable_player_physics_box 1 - Allows players to push props, also fixes physics not killing player (e.g. dodgeball) NOTE: Minor CPU cost on server
    mp_anyone_can_pickup_c4 1 - CTs can pick up C4s, maybe useful for setting up games - e.g. 'find the bomb' or moving excess 'c4 toss' bombs?
    mp_hostages_rescuetime 0 - Stops extra round time being added for grabbing hostage.
    mp_hostages_takedamage 1 - Allow players to kill hostages.
    mp_spectators_max 999 - Currently set to '2', hides 'spectator' from team select when limit is reached. Bit annoying, can't go afk.

Unsure / Maybe:

mp_tagging_scale 0.x - (1.0 default, hidden - use sm_cvar) scale for how much a player is slowed down when shot - could be tweaked? shrug
    sv_clamp_unsafe_velocities 0 - Allows some extra movement speed for surfing / possibly bhop

mp_endmatch_votenextleveltime 2 - Voting is disabled but we still wait an awkward 20 seconds at the end of a map before the next one comes along, this could be reduced a bit.
    mp_join_grace_time 30 - Allows players to join and spawn when a round just started. This counts for every round, not just start of map.
    weapon_reticle_knife_show 1 - Allows players with knifes to see the names of other players.
    Last edited by JJJohan; 21-10-17 at 02:44 PM.

2. emusic (11-10-17), eshays (12-10-17), GiantTalkingHotdog (11-10-17), IVORK (11-10-17), Jester (11-10-17), Mikal (11-10-17), Vinnies (11-10-17), `Revo (11-10-17)

I agree with both maybes to be more like CSS, additionally all ff ratio cvars need to be changed as atm they're all 0 and whenever a map turns mp_friendlyfire 1 all it does is register a hit but no actual damage.
    Code:
    "ff_damage_bullet_penetration" = "0" min. 0.000000 max. 1.000000 client replicated - If friendly fire is off, this will scale the penetration power and damage a bull
    "ff_damage_reduction_bullets" = "0" ( def. "0.1" ) client replicated             - How much to reduce damage done to teammates when shot.  Range is from 0 - 1 (wit
    "ff_damage_reduction_grenade" = "0" ( def. "0.25" ) client replicated            - How much to reduce damage done to teammates by a thrown grenade.  Range is from 
    "ff_damage_reduction_other" = "0" ( def. "0.25" ) client replicated              - How much to reduce damage done to teammates by things other than bullets and gre
    Additionally @JJJohan;, a couple of people have said and I agree that the damage radius for the smokes should be brought down to be approx half the radius of the smoke.
    Also things like allow it to damage vents / not go through walls, but I feel that's a fair few extra lines.

Head Administrator
    JJJJJJJJJJJJJohan and IVORKIEPIE,

I have added the CVARS listed to the servers. We will trial them, and edit them accordingly to suit how we like.

Regards,
    Tom

5. emusic (11-10-17), Logiflex (11-10-17), Mikal (11-10-17), Spyro. (11-10-17)

Coder
    Cheers Virtual.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORK View Post
    I agree with both maybes to be more like CSS, additionally all ff ratio cvars need to be changed as atm they're all 0 and whenever a map turns mp_friendlyfire 1 all it does is register a hit but no actual damage.
    Code:
    "ff_damage_bullet_penetration" = "0" min. 0.000000 max. 1.000000 client replicated - If friendly fire is off, this will scale the penetration power and damage a bull
    "ff_damage_reduction_bullets" = "0" ( def. "0.1" ) client replicated             - How much to reduce damage done to teammates when shot.  Range is from 0 - 1 (wit
    "ff_damage_reduction_grenade" = "0" ( def. "0.25" ) client replicated            - How much to reduce damage done to teammates by a thrown grenade.  Range is from 
    "ff_damage_reduction_other" = "0" ( def. "0.25" ) client replicated              - How much to reduce damage done to teammates by things other than bullets and gre
    Additionally @JJJohan;, a couple of people have said and I agree that the damage radius for the smokes should be brought down to be approx half the radius of the smoke.
    Also things like allow it to damage vents / not go through walls, but I feel that's a fair few extra lines.
    Regarding the smoke grenade, this should be fixed now (radius). I've made the radius configurable (sm_smokedamageradius) so if its still no good then it's easy to change.

Vents shouldn't be too hard to fix up, same for walls - just a raycast here and there should sort that out. Should be sorted by the end of the week I reckon.

Made a slight error - mp_spectators_max and mp_force_pick_time do not turn off with a value of '0'. Set them both to '99999' or something silly.
    Last edited by JJJohan; 11-10-17 at 09:02 PM.

7. emusic (11-10-17)

Classic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJohan View Post
    mp_endmatch_votenextleveltime 2 - Voting is disabled but we still wait an awkward 20 seconds at the end of a map before the next one comes along, this could be reduced a bit.
    I know that this idea has been shot down before, but I just want to say that I think it'd be a good idea to reduce this time.
    There seem to be a LOT of disconnects at the end of a map during this 20 second period.

Think of it the same way as a nightclub. If after every song they were to turn the lights on and music off for 20 seconds, a lot of people would leave in this time period. It gives people the opportunity to think about whether or not they want to keep partying.
    Same goes for JB. If the game stops for 20 seconds, it gives people the opportunity to think about whether or not they want to keep playing.

The other thing is that everyone kind of sits and watch as tons of people disconnect, which ain't good for server morale.
    Even if the same people were to disconnect at the VERY beginning of the next map, the chat would still be populated by other things (people joining the game from the last map etc.) which would dissipate the density in the chat of these disconnects.

TL;DR - Keep the good times rolling. Get rid of the awkward 20 seconds at the end of every map

9. GiantTalkingHotdog (21-10-17)

Head Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikal View Post
    I know that this idea has been shot down before, but I just want to say that I think it'd be a good idea to reduce this time.
    There seem to be a LOT of disconnects at the end of a map during this 20 second period.

Think of it the same way as a nightclub. If after every song they were to turn the lights on and music off for 20 seconds, a lot of people would leave in this time period. It gives people the opportunity to think about whether or not they want to keep partying.
    Same goes for JB. If the game stops for 20 seconds, it gives people the opportunity to think about whether or not they want to keep playing.

The other thing is that everyone kind of sits and watch as tons of people disconnect, which ain't good for server morale.
    Even if the same people were to disconnect at the VERY beginning of the next map, the chat would still be populated by other things (people joining the game from the last map etc.) which would dissipate the density in the chat of these disconnects.

TL;DR - Keep the good times rolling. Get rid of the awkward 20 seconds at the end of every map
    Alright, I have added the cvar to be 4 seconds. Regards, Tommy

11. Mikal (21-10-17)

Coder
    Good news boys I found another one.

sv_disable_immunity_alpha 1 - Allows the alpha value of players to be set. I.e. fixes some team LR games and map secrets where player is meant to be invisible.

13. Another_Nerd (21-10-17), GiantTalkingHotdog (21-10-17), Slaughterhouse (21-10-17)

Quote Originally Posted by JJJohan View Post
    mp_force_pick_time 9999 - Stop players from automatically joining a team when idle.

mp_anyone_can_pickup_c4 1 - CTs can pick up C4s, maybe useful for setting up games - e.g. 'find the bomb' or moving excess 'c4 toss' bombs?

Disagree, some maps have bombs that give ts powers/abilities it'd be unfair for cts to get them
    mp_spectators_max 999 - Currently set to '2', hides 'spectator' from team select when limit is reached. Bit annoying, can't go afk.

Unsure / Maybe:

mp_tagging_scale 0.x - (1.0 default, hidden - use sm_cvar) scale for how much a player is slowed down when shot - could be tweaked? shrug
    Disagree the tagging in csgo is good, maybe increase it if anything but I don't think tagging needs a nerf

mp_join_grace_time 30 - Allows players to join and spawn when a round just started. This counts for every round, not just start of map.

This could be replaced with a plugin that allows you to respawn if no one else has died, I'll try and find the plugin.
    Last edited by GiantTalkingHotdog; 25-10-17 at 09:40 PM.